PLEASE READ THIS POLICY CAREFULLY BEFORE USING HACKER HOUSE SERVICES
Hacker House Ltd (“we”, “us” and “our”) is a registered Ltd company in England and Wales. Please take time to read this Policy, which together with the Hacker House Terms and Conditions, describes our policy and practises with regard to all processing of Personal Information (as defined below) we undertake in relation to your use of:
- the Website;
- the BBS Forum
- the Hands-on Hacking training courses
- any of the services accessible through Hacker House.
By accessing, browsing or otherwise using Hacker House Ltd, you are agreeing to be bound by this Policy (and the Hacker House Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree to any part of this Policy, you should not use Hacker House.
In this Policy:
“Personal Information” means information that relates to a living individual who can be identified from that information that is held by us or is likely to be held by us;
“Website” means the websites https://hacker.house
“Hacker House” means the website, training portal, and forum.
Personal Information – the basics
We take your privacy seriously and are committed to protecting the privacy of any Personal Information you give us or we collect from you.
In order to provide services offered by Hacker House, we need to collect and process certain Personal Information (as set out in this Policy) from you. Except to the extent that we are permitted or required by law, any Personal Information we collect will be used, processed and shared only for the purposes and in ways set out in this Policy.
Personal Information we collect and process about you
- Personal Information you give to us (“Submitted Information”): when you use Hacker House you will give us Personal Information by filling out forms on Hacker House or by corresponding with us (for example, by email). It includes Personal Information you provide.
- Personal Information we collect about you and your device: each time you use Hacker House we will automatically collect the following information from you and/or your device:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your device/computer to the Internet, the type of mobile device you use, your login information and operating system and platform,.
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from Hacker House (including date and time and page response times
Please note that we don’t track any location-based information from your mobile device. We may collect anonymised details about visitors to Hacker House for the purposes of aggregate statistics or reporting purposes.
How we may use, process and share your Personal Information
We may process your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- to make Hacker House available to you;
- to send you system alert messages, such as version updates and changes to our Policy;
Please refer to the Annex below for a summary of our processing activities.
We may disclose your Personal Information to third parties:
- who are our service providers / suppliers and need to know the information in order to provide us or you with a service;
- banks and payment providers to authorize and complete payments;
- if we, or substantially all of our assets, are acquired by a third party, in which case Personal Information held by it about its users and customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your Personal Information in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation or request; and
- in order to:
- enforce or apply the Hacker House Terms and Conditions or to investigate potential breaches; or
- protect the rights, property or safety of Founders4Schools, our users or customers, or any other person.
We will keep you informed about our work and services, as such we process certain of your Personal Information to provide you with further information about us and our services, for instance, we may send registered users service reminder messages via the App from time to time and/or Hacker House newsletters which we send by email once a month. You can unsubscribe from receiving such newsletters at any time by clicking the “Unsubscribe” option at the bottom of our emails. Please note that if you unsubscribe you will no longer receive our newsletters via email until such time as you re-subscribe.
We do not sell or pass your Personal Information to third parties for their own marketing purposes.
Where we store your Personal Information
We may transfer your Personal Information to third parties (as set out above) located in countries that are outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). Different privacy laws may apply in these countries, and you understand and unambiguously agree (by submitting your Personal Information) to such transfer, storing or processing of your Personal Information to these countries and third parties. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your Personal Information is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy. We will only make such transfers where we are satisfied that adequate levels of protection are in place to protect any information held in that country and that the third parties act at all times in compliance with all applicable privacy laws.
Please note that countries which are outside the EEA may not offer the same level of data protection as the UK, although our collection, storage and use of your Personal Information will continue to be governed by this Policy.
Security of your Personal Information
Whilst we take appropriate technical and organisational measures to safeguard your Personal Information, no transmission over the Internet can ever be guaranteed to be secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee the security of any Personal Information that you transfer over the Internet to us and any such transmission is at your own risk.
Your rights and access to Personal Information
You have the right to ask us to:
- provide you with copies of the Personal Information that we hold about you at any time by sending an email or writing to us at the relevant address set out below;
- update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect Personal Information that we hold about you free of charge by sending an email or writing to us at the relevant address set out below;
- by sending an email or writing to us at the relevant address set out below, erase your Personal Information in limited circumstances where:
- it is no longer needed for the purposes for which it was collected;
- you have withdrawn your consent (where the data processing was based on consent);
- you have asked us not to process your Personal Information for marketing purposes or objected to the processing your Personal Information (see below);
- it has been processed unlawfully; or
- to comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject.
We are not required to comply with your request to erase Personal Information if the processing of your Personal Information is necessary:
- for compliance with a legal obligation; or
- for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims;
- not process your Personal Information for marketing purposes. We will usually inform (before collecting your information) if we intend to use such information for marketing purposes or if we intend to disclose you information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your information. In addition, you can exercise this right at any time by emailing or writing to us at the addresses set out below;
- object to any processing of your Personal Information which has our legitimate interests as its legal basis, if you believe your fundamental rights and freedoms outweigh our legitimate interests. If you raise an objection, we have an opportunity to demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate interests which override your rights and freedoms;
- obtain a copy of, or reference to, the safeguards under which your Personal Information is transferred outside of the European Union. We may redact data transfer agreements to protect commercial terms; and
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please send us an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Third party sites and applications
Changes to our Policy
This Policy was last updated on 05/01/2019. This Policy may change from time to time and, if it does, the up-to-date version will always be available on Hacker House. Please note that by continuing to use Hacker House you are agreeing to any updated versions of this Policy.
Queries and our contact details
If you have any questions, comments and/or requests relating to this Policy, please get in touch with us: email@example.com